A Guide to Investing for Growth & Income
"A Guide to Investing for Growth and Income" is a newsletter devoted primarily to long term investing. Approximately 5,000 stocks are monitored to obtain 350-400 stocks having the desired growth and/or income potential. It should prove valuable to all members of the investment community, including brokers, money managers, traders, and individual investors ranging from novices to those with extensive experience.
- Investment merit of each stock included in our lists is evaluated monthly. Stocks are listed in three categories: Income; Growth & Income; Growth.
- Timing and trend information, useful for traders seeking short to intermediate term price moves, is given for each stock and the overall market.
- Weekly comments on the economy, individual stocks, related news developments and fundamental and technical analysis of market conditions are presented. Details on specific stock recommendations are included.
- Each listed stock is evaluated using ten important performance criteria. The results are presented in a tabular format. See (link to table)
- Buy flags, on stocks rated well according to the the evaluation criteria.
- Avoid flags on stocks that rate badly according to one or more key criteria.
- GIV (growth investment value) an estimated 5 year profit advantage (disadvantage) relative to a 5 year treasury security is presented for every stock listed.
- Flagged stocks are up over 200% in 2 1/2 years. They have, on average, moved upward at a pace more than three times that of the DJIA over the last 2 1/2 years. Note, however, that not all flagged stocks move up, so caution and diversity are advised.
- Income portfolio is up 38% in 2 1/4 years. It has increased in value at roughly the same rate as the DJIA since introduced on 11/30/96.
- A list of suggested growth stocks, introduced recently, has also grown rapidly.
Specific buy recommendations are made on the website when conditions are favorable. Examples include:
, up 74.3% in 4 mos.,
, up 76.9% in 3 1/2 mos.,
, up 36.9% in 3 1/2 mos., and
, up 33.5% in 1 mo.
- Not all stocks suggested do this well, but most have advanced following the recommendations, and some spectacularly so.
© TradersWeb 2009